Wednesday 6 February 2013

Zen Inspiration and Day 4 Results

I start each day with first my iPhone alarm, a glass of water and an inspirational quote from my Zen calendar. Now I am far from being "zen", but I am working towards a more genuine and fulfilled life. These quotes start your day on the right foot and get your mind focused ..... a couple cups of coffee will do the same thing ..... but for now I'm talking Zen. 

My husband gets this daily desk calendar for me each year for Christmas. It sits on my kitchen counter where I can reference it throughout the day. It is an easy way to refocus when things get a little chaotic and truly inspires you to make changes and move forward in a positive direction. 


There are different categories of quotes such as Meditation, Awareness, and Thought. The past few days have been focused on Purpose, Preparation & Progress, which has been very fitting for what I am currently experiencing in my own life. 

Just for an example, here is the quote for today:

"The perfecting of one's self is the fundamental base of all progress and all moral development."  -  Confucius
 
If you ever see this series of calendars by DateWorks, pick one up and be inspired!

......... My husband also has a daily desk calendar that he keeps in his office...... although the quotes are not so much about inspiration and progress, but more to do with annoying yellow characters and Duff beer .......

Does anyone else have this Zen calendar? Or reference another like my husband? Maybe an inspiration board to pin quotes up? Or an online version of the same?


Here are the Day 4 Results for my February Pledge to Run....Daily!!!

Manual Program: 25minutes

-4mins walk 3.5, 2.5 incline
-16mins run 5.0
-1min sprint 6.0
 -4mins walk 3.5, 2.5 incline

1.89 miles
221 cals burned

25 minutes total workout

No comments:

Post a Comment